Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Saying Good-bye to our Bellingham-sters....













Sunday was our last full day at our campsite up Chuckanut Rd, Larabee State Park.
It was a wonderful stay. We met some fellow campers. Mostly folks from Washington.
A few from Canada.

Sunday morning, we did another load of wash then headed back to Edison to look around and find a dairy farm to buy some 'more' cheese. Farm to Market road. Skagit Valley farm area. On our way we stopped along the road to take in the view of the islands off Chuckanut Rd.
We had lunch at Farm to Market bakery, again. This time we shared a sandwich.
They are known for their lime soaked Polenta cakes. We picked some up for Josh and Nic, and ourselves, of course.

Mark forgot his wallet in the lawn chair at the campsite, so he left me and Jorge in Edison, and drove 6 miles back to the campsite to get it.
I had Jorge and my cameras so I was good to go.
I wondered around this little town, up and down the side streets. Found an old bar with things for sale. The little lady across the street came in and tried to sell me some old things. A couple of wooden sleds....I liked, but passed.
I walked down the highway taking photographs of the old farm houses. Walking the steet and the old, old sidewalks...I wondered, who built the old homes, all those years ago. One in particular caught my eye, it had an old truck for sale on the side of the house.....in the big picture window I saw a sewing machine. In my mind, I thought the man of the house may have passed away, and his widow sits and sews looking out the big window.

Mark and Jack found me wandering the streets. We both, then, walked along looking at the homes and gardens.

We drove on to find the dairy farm taking dirt back roads and just admiring the homes and the land.
Beautiful !

Back to the campsite about 5 pm, we took another walk up the 'beach' trail to see some more starfish...and walk the dogs.
Time to get ready to go to dinner and say good-bye to our Bellingham-sters, Nic and Josh.

A nice dinner, great company and a beautiful August sunset at Anthony's on the harbor.
A wonderful evening....We'll see you both next time ! We sure enjoyed seeing your new home, Thank you for your hospitality and taking the time to spend with us !




1 comment:

  1. One year later someone is finally commenting on this great post! Have just moved to Seattle and want to check out Farm to Market Road. Sounds like you had a great time and thanks for the tips, beautiful photos too!

    ReplyDelete